With ever-changing advances in communication technology, it becomes necessary to adhere to certain protocols and etiquette to ensure Our Members, Our Organization, and Our Cause, remain in a proactive stance in the public eye.
When using Social Media portals such as: Facebook, Twitter, My Space, etc., please adhere to the following:
- Any time you use a Confederate Symbol, The Stainless Banner, The SCV Logo, or any other Symbol, Logo or Text that defines yourself as part of the Sons of Confederate Veterans or the Sons of Confederate Veterans Mechanized Cavalry, you are acting as a representative of our organization and should conduct yourself accordingly. Example…, your Facebook profile has a photo of you wearing your vest with Stainless Banner.
- The Stainless Banner (back patch) or any other Confederate Flag should at NO Time be displayed in any manner, which may be considered disrespectful or inappropriate. These are sacred emblems that should be displayed with Affection, Reverence, and Devotion.
- Refrain from using vulgar gestures or inappropriate displays when posting photographs — what may be acceptable between you and your buddy from Friday night can easily be taken out of context and used negatively against us.
- We are entitled to our own thoughts and opinions. However, when commenting on the latest post you see on your account, refrain from using negative and vulgar comments that may be considered threatening or slanderous. Negative retaliation is stooping to the opposition’s level. We must react with Positive reinforcement in arguing our position.
- When copying and posting events or meetings involving the members of the SCV or SCVMC, please observe privacy by not posting full addresses, emails, phone numbers, or names unless you have permission. Unfortunately, the trolls of the internet world use this information to hijack accounts, locate private properties, etc.
- Unless your comment is in a Private Message or Text, it is available to anyone on the receiver’s friend list. If you must send a questionable message, do so in a private manner that only you and the receiver have access to. Postings directed to you personally are still visible by others only Private messages are restricted.
- Failure to comply with these protocols may result in disciplinary action.
Approved by Col. Kevin Stone, Commanding 11-24-2014